The Knowledge Base
The highest quality of presented information
Validity and reliability of presented information is subject to constant control by a Board of Advice. The information offered in this Knowledge Base is highly specific focussing on curative and diagnostic purposes. In other words, disorders, therapy or medication that are currently in a research phase, will not be part of the Knowledge Base as yet. Relevant information about recent scientific developments will be placed on the news pages of Vets-net.com.
Information present within the Knowledge Base is derived from the following sources:
- Acknowledged international veterinary journals, such as: International Journal of Veterinary Medicine; Journal for the Veterinary Surgeon in General Practice; Journal of Equine Veterinary Science; Journal of Feline Medicine & Surgery; Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association; Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association; Journal of Veterinary Dentistry; Journal of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care; Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Acknowledged international veterinarian sources, such as IVIS, Pubmed and Consultant.
- Joint efforts like branche organizations (Royal Veterinary Association of the Netherlands), universities, research laboratoria and pharmaceutical companies.
- Suggestions, feedback and other sources presented by professional users of Vets-net.com and it's user group.
- For a list of Vets-net.com's most important sources click here
Board of Veterinary Advice
Information presented on Vets-net.com is of scientific and academical level. The Board of Veterinary Advice ensures the reliability and validity of the data presented.
- H.R.C. Gostelie, DVM, MSc, Chairman
- Dr. B.P.M. Cornelissen, DVM, PhD, KNMvD Spec. Equine Surgeon (Neth.)
- Prof. L. Hellebrekers, DVM, PhD, Dipl ECVA, Professor of Veterinary Anaesthesiology, U.U. (Neth.)
- K.L. How, DVM, KNMvD Spec. Small Animal Surgery (Neth.)
- Dr. M.M. Sloet van Oldruitenborgh-Oosterbaan, DVM, PhD, Dipl ECEIM, KNMvD Spec. Equine Int. Med. (Neth.)
- Prof. P.A.J. Brama, DVM, PhD, KNMvD Spec. Equine. Surgeon. (Neth.), Dipl. ECVS, Professor of Veterinary Surgery, University College Dublin (Ire)
- Dr. M.C. Pieterse, DVM, PhD, KNMvD Spec. small and large ruminants (Neth.)
- T.B.B. Boerboom, DVM, ICT manager Vets-net.com
Junior Veterinary Board
- J.F. Busscher, DVM
- B.M.C. Gorissen, DVM
- J.F. van Hengel, DVM
- E.M. Kannekens, DVM
- G.J. Bok, DVM
- T.B.B. Boerboom, DVM
Board of Strategic Advice
- Mr. E.A. van den Bos, legal advisor
- E. Bouwer, editor/advisor
- R.P. Harmsen, ict advisor